How does increasing solute concentration affect water potential?
1. Water potential becomes more positive.
2. Water potential becomes more negative.
3. Water potential becomes more positive under certain conditions and more negative under
4. Water potential is not affected by solute concentration.
5. Water potential is always zero when dissolved in water.
The_________ encircle a vein.
1. palisade mesophyll
2. guard cell
3. bundle sheath
Conduction of water and nutrient minerals in the xylem occurs in vessel elements and ______.
1. sieve tube members
4. cork cells