Case 7-2 (In Chapter 7): Clayton Industries: Peter Arnell, Country Manager for Italy
- How would you grade Peter Arnell’s first two months as subsidiary general managers in Clayton SpA?
- Which plan of action should Arnell recommend to Dan Briggs and Simonne Buis when they visit Brescia next week?
- What are the personal preferences, strategic motivations, and organizational biases that Arnell must understand as he presents his plan of action to Briggs and Buis when they visit Brescia next week?
- With this understanding of the strategic options and the organizational constraints, how would you go about convincing your two bosses to support your preferred plan of action?
- What were the implications of Buis’s choice of Arnell to take over as the GM of Clayton SpA?