- At the center of a hurricane is a relatively calm region called the ________.
- The boundary between air masses having different temperatures (and hence, different densities) is called a(n) ________.
- When an active cold front overtakes a warm front a(n) ________ forms.
- Hail, thunder, and tornadoes are all characteristic features of a(n) ________ front.
- Depending on the context, the word ________ may refer to a tornado, a hurricane, or a large-scale atmospheric system in the mid-latitudes. Though on different scales, all have in common a rotational pattern of winds.
- Generally, three stages are involved in the development of thunderstorms: the cumulus stage, mature stage, and ________ stage.