http:// 1923, Mr. Disney started a cartoon studio. Today, the Walt Disney Company has grown to become a diversified, international family entertainment and media company. Among the company’s major products/services are entertainment theme parks, domestically and internationally, hotels, media companies, and cruise line. In 2003, the company had revenues of over $27 billion and 117,000 employees approximately.
Explore Disney’s Website.
- Describe how Disney handles employee training and development.
- What different approaches (described within the text chapter) for employee learning and development are offered to employees by this organization?
- Does the company offer explicit mentoring program?
- Explain the benefits of such a program to Disney.
- Does the company have a management succession policy?
- How important is management succession at a company like Disney?