Subject: Construction of simplified single heterojunction LED structure flat energy band diagram.
- Use Anderson’s rule  and the model of Varshni  for calculating parameters needed to construct flat energy band diagram  for a generic InGaN/GaN single QW heterojunction LED emitting at 460 nm. Use typical values for this device donor and acceptor concentrations.
- Select metals for forming Ohmic contact to the n-type semiconductor and the p-type semiconductors.
- Provide a drawing of flat energy band diagram for designed LED structure. Include all necessary numerical values, equations, calculated parameters and references used.
- Y. Varshni, ‘Temperature Dependence of the Energy Gap in Semiconductors,” Physica, vol. 34, pp. 149-154, 1967.
- R. L. Anderson, “Germanium-gallium arsenide heterojunction,” IBM J. Res. Dev. vol.4, Issue 3, pp. 283-287, 1960.
I am having a lot of trouble finding typical values for the donor and acceptor concentrations for a 460 nm LED and I don’t have a good understanding of how to go about calculating conduction and valence bands for a problem like this